Navy QB ties record for career rushing TDs
• NAVY 29, SOUTH FLORIDA 17: Keenan Reynolds scored twice in the fourth quarter to tie the NCAA record for career rushing TDs, and Navy (6-1, 4-0 American Athletic Conference) set a school mark with three 100-yard rushers in a home victory. The win sets up a showdown next week at 18th-ranked Memphis (8-0, 4-0). Reynolds, a senior quarterback, has 77 career rushing TDs, tied with former Wisconsin running back Montee Ball (2009-12) for most in NCAA history.
• TEXAS A&M 35, SOUTH CAROLINA 28: Highly touted true freshman quarterback Kyler Murray ran for 156 yards and threw for 223 more in his first start for Texas A&M, and the host Aggies (6-2, 3-2 SEC) ended a two-game slide.
• IOWA STATE 24, TEXAS 0: Freshman Mike Warren carried 32 times for 157 yards and a touchdown — the fifth time in the last six games he has run for at least 126 — and the host Cyclones (3-5, 2-3 Big 12) beat the Longhorns (3-5, 2-3). In his first start at quarterback, Joel Lanning completed 19 of 37 passes for 188 yards, a touchdown and no interceptions. He added 64 yards on the ground.
• SOUTHERN CAL 27, CALIFORNIA 21: The visiting Trojans (5-3, 3-2 Pac-12) won for the second straight week under interim coach Clay Helton. The Golden Bears (5-3, 2-3) have lost 12 in a row to USC.
• CINCINNATI 52, CENTRAL FLORIDA 7: Gunner Kiel completed all 15 of his passes for 319 yards and five TDs for the host Bearcats (5-3, 2-2 American Conference). Those are the most completions without an incompletion by an FBS player in the last 20 years.
• NORTH DAKOTA STATE 35, SOUTHERN ILLINOIS 29: King Frazier ran for 177 yards and a TD and quarterback Easton Stick added 130 rushing yards as the visiting Bison (6-2, 4-1 Missouri Valley) beat the Salukis for the sixth straight time. Frazier, who averaged 11 yards per carry, became the first North Dakota State running back this season to go over 100 yards, and Stick eclipsed the century mark for the second straight game. Stick, making his second career start, completed 12 of 17 passes for 138 yards and two TDs, both to RJ Urzendowski.
• SOUTH DAKOTA STATE 39, MISSOURI STATE 0: Jake Wieneke caught seven passes for 161 yards and a TD for the visiting Jackrabbits (6-2, 3-2 Missouri Valley). Brady Mengarelli rushed for 142 yards and one score.
• NORTHERN IOWA 20, SOUTH DAKOTA 7: South Dakota coach Joe Glenn was denied his 200th win as the visiting Coyotes (4-4, 2-3 Missouri Valley) lost to the Panthers. The Coyotes had just 187 yards of offense with two fumbles and an interception.
• NORTH DAKOTA 44, MONTANA STATE 38: True freshmen John Santiago of St. Francis (30 carries, 230 yards) and Brady Oliveira (12 carries, 167 yards) combined for nearly 400 rushing yards as host North Dakota (5-4, 3-3) broke a three-game losing streak with its first victory over the Bobcats since joining the Big Sky four seasons ago. Santiago scored from 4 yards out for the game-winning TD with 1:41 left. It was his sixth straight 100-yard game. His season total of 1,162 yards is a UND Division I record.
• Brett Rypien, QB, Boise State: The true freshman completed 35 of 52 passes for a career-high 469 yards in a 55-27 win over Boise State.
• Evan Berry, KR, Tennessee: Scored on a 100-yard kickoff return in a 52-21 rout of Kentucky. Berry has three touchdowns on kickoff returns this year to tie Willie Gault's 35-year-old single-season school record.