We already have the "Minnesota Remembers Vic Chesnutt" tribute album coming out Tuesday, and now there's another all-star, all-local charity CD to look forward to this fall: "Minnesota Beatle Project, Vol. 3," details of which were just announced.
The third installment in the fabulously well-received series from local music nonprofit Vega Productions, this year's Fab Four set will arrive Dec. 6 and will once again benefit music education in schools across the state. It has the best cover album art of the three (courtesy Brock Davis), and we'll have to wait and see how the music rates. It's a tall order to live up to the first two but certainly looks promising based on the acts involved: Cloud Cult, Solid Gold, Tapes 'n Tapes, the 4onthefloor, Dark Dark Dark, Me & My Arrow, the Honeydogs, Motion City Soundtrack, Charlie Parr and even a choir of Anoka Middle School for the Arts students. Here is the full track list:
1. Cloud Cult - Help
2. Solid Gold - Love You To
3. White Light Riot - Hey Bulldog
4. Charlie Parr feat. Nicholas Mrozinski - Rocky Raccoon
5. Motion City Soundtrack - Here Comes The Sun
6. The Fiddle Heirs - I've Got A Feeling
7. Me & My Arrow - Don't Let Me Down
8. Red Pens - Helter Skelter
9. Dark Dark Dark and Her Choir - Long Long Long
10. The Honeydogs - Dear Prudence
11. Tapes 'n Tapes - I Want You (She's So Heavy)
12. The 4ontheFloor - Why Don't We Do It in the Road?
13. The Arms Akimbo - You Won't See Me
14. Cantus - Got to Get You Into My Life
15. Anoka Middle School for the Arts - A Hard Day's Night
Dark Dark Dark, Me & My Arrow and White Light Riot will tout the collection by playing their respective tracks at Curtiss A's annual John Lennon tribute show at First Ave on Dec. 8, and the Electric Fetus will also host an in-store with the 4onthefloor on Dec. 6 (7 p.m., free). The first two "Beatles Project" albums raised $60,000 for music programs at public schools across the state. So awesome, and so Beatles.