Peyton’s place in history
Peyton Manning can stake a claim to being the top statistical passer in NFL history.
• The all-time leader in the two major production categories: touchdown passes (539) and passing yards (71,940).
• Tied with Brett Favre with 186 career victories, although Favre has 33 more losses.
• Winning percentage (.702) is fourth in NFL history, trailing Tom Brady (.771), Roger Staubach (.746) and Joe Montana (.713).
• Second in completions, trailing Favre by 175, although he threw 789 fewer passes than Favre.
• In passer rating, which was created to measure the overall efficiency of a quarterback, is fifth at 96.5 behind Aaron Rodgers (104.1), Russell Wilson (101.8), Tony Romo (97.1) and Steve Young (96.8). Favre, by the way, is 22nd at 86.0.