Hollywood actor Josh Hartnett is shrinking his Twin Cities footprint and put his 1880s Lake of the Isles home up for sale Thursday. Asking price: $2.395 million.

The five-bedroom Victorian is in the 2400 block of E. Lake of the Isles Parkway, sitting on the eastern shore of the lake's northernmost finger.

The 5,000-square-foot home, built in 1887, also has a four-car garage, an exercise room, an in-ground outdoor pool and four bathrooms, according to Lakes Sotheby's International Realty.

The listing notes that the home combines "modern with traditional Victorian. Sophisticated spaces, exquisite finishes, stained glass windows, gourmet kitchen, wine cellar [and] incredible views."

Hartnett is listing the home "to downsize locally as he will be spending less time in the region," the listing agency said in a statement.

The agency also noted that the property's renovations in the 1980s inspired the book, "Dreaming in the Dust," by Katherine Chrisman, who documented the challenges of making over a century-old home.

Hartnett bought the home in 2002, paying the current asking price, according to Hennepin County property records. Taxes last year on the property totaled nearly $49,000.

The 36-year-old Hartnett attended Cretin-Derham Hall High School in St. Paul before transferring and graduating from Minneapolis South High School.

His film credits include "Pearl Harbor" (2001), "Black Hawk Down" (2001), "Lost in Translation" (2003), "Hollywood Homicide" (2003) and "The Black Dahlia" (2006).

He's currently starring in Showtime's "Penny Dreadful" series as an American gunslinger and has wrapped up his work in "The Lovers," a Roland Joffe film scheduled for release this year.

Paul Walsh

Prince Andrew denies sex claim

Britain's Prince Andrew has publicly denied allegations he had sex with an underage teenager. He made the denial during a visit to the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, on Thursday. It was his first public appearance since the charges. U.S. lawyers representing a woman who claims she was forced to have underage sex with Prince Andrew have filed papers requesting that he respond to her claims under oath. Buckingham Palace officials have strongly denied that Andrew had any sexual involvement with the woman, who is identified only as Jane Doe No. 3 in court papers. The woman says in court papers the denials are false.

News Services