Minnesota Department of Transportation crews will be setting new beams for new pedestrian bridges over I-94 at MacKubin and Grotto streets Tuesday and Wednesday nights. To do so, MnDOT will shut down a portion of I-94 both nights.
Originally westbound was to be closed Monday, MnDOT said, but the work has been pushed back a day, said spokesman Kevin Walker.
The westbound lanes of I-94 will be closed from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. Tuesday between Marion Street and Lexington Parkway. The eastbound lanes will be closed from 11 p.m. Wednesday to 5 a.m. Thursday, also between Lexington Parkway and Marion Street.
During the closure, motorists will be directed to use Hwy. 280, Hwy. 36 and I-35E.
The pedestrian and bike bridges will remain closed until approximately November.
Here are a few other overnight closures Monday that may impact metro area drivers:
- Southbound I-35W will be closed from 11th Avenue to Washington Avenue from 9 p.m. until 4 a.m. Tuesday. Ramps to westbound I-94 and southbound Hiawatha Avenue will be closed. Entrance ramps from Washington Avenue and 3rd and 4th streets to southbound I-35W also will be closed.
- The left lane of eastbound I-694 from I-35W to Hwy. 10 from 8 p.m. until 6 a.m. Tuesday for road maintenance.
- The left lane of eastbound I-94 from Brooklyn Boulevard to just past Xerxes Avenue from 9 a.m. until 6 a.m. Tuesday for lawn mowing operations along the cable median.
- The southbound lane of Hwy. 100 from I-694 to Brooklyn Boulevard from 10 a.m. until 6 a.m. Tuesday. All lanes will be open from 2 to 6 p.m. Monday. Crews will be mowing the center median.
- The right lane in both directions of I-35W at Black Dog Road will be closed from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. for bridge inspection.