BIG TEN POWER RANKINGS
1.Michigan State: The Spartans had a Februray nonconference loss to Georgetown, but in terms of Big Ten play, Michigan State’s is track record is the most impressive.
2. Michigan: The Wolverines took their first lump at Indiana on Sunday, but they rebounded by routing Nebraska by 29.
Iowa: By failing to lock down the big victories, the Hawkeyes opening a window for another team to make a charge.
3. Indiana: The Hoosiers are starting to grow up, and after beating Michigan they seem like they have the potential to get scary.
4. Northwestern: No team has had a better two-game stretch than the Wildcats’ road victories over the Badgers and the Gophers.
5. Ohio State: The Buckeyes followed their 2-4 stretch by winning at Wisconsin and Iowa. Talk about a rebound.
6. Wisconsin: Their three-point shooting returned in their much-needed victory at Illinois. Can the Badgers make it a trend?
7. Minnesota: Until the Gophers show they can win a game on the road, there will be an asterisk on their good victories.
8. Penn State: Plenty respectable to lose at Michigan State to end the Nittany Lions’ three-game winning streak.
9. Nebraska: Beating Ohio State, Minnesota and Indiana says something about where the Cornhuskers program is headed.
10. Purdue: The Boilermakers beat the Gophers despite going 9-for-23 on free throws.
Illinois: Life is not good when you’re on an eight game losing streak.