Jane Doe finally has a name. Well, at least her real one.

The mysterious Anoka County jail inmate who had refused to give her name to authorities for more than two weeks after being caught trespassing in an empty house was finally identified Friday.

Tammy Antoinette Thomas, 37, whose address is still unknown, has been charged with two counts of identity theft and theft in connection with occupying the house. All of the charges are felonies and are in addition to her original charges of trespassing and stealing an SUV.

Thomas was arrested July 9 at an empty house in Fridley. She was accused of breaking in and changing the locks. An SUV that had been reported stolen in Wisconsin was found in the garage.

Thomas had refused to speak to jail deputies. Deputies tried to take her fingerprints, but the set they obtained wasn't clear enough to run through a national data base. Thomas appeared twice before a county judge that week, but both times she gave a false name. The judge found her in contempt and sentenced her to 60 days in jail and set bail at $100,000.

With little information about Thomas except that police in Lake Geneva, Wis., said she stole the SUV and used fraudulent credit cards, the county Sheriff's Office released an unofficial photo of Thomas with her eyes closed.

It was not immediately clear how police were able to identify Thomas on Friday.

According to an amended criminal complaint, police found an assortment of paperwork belonging to other people during a search of Thomas and the house. Thomas had on her a Social Security card belonging to the 2-year-old daughter of the owners of the SUV.

Police also found a McDonald's job application with the child's name and the address of the empty house. Additionally, several documents belonging to another woman were found in Thomas' possession including a W-2 that listed her Social Security number, an insurance card, bank statements, bills and a college tuition statement.

At her first court appearance, Thomas identified herself as the 2-year-old child as well as the woman.

Police also found state-issued ID cards that belonged to two other people.

Thomas remained in custody Saturday on $100,000 bail. Her next scheduled court appearance is Aug. 8.

Nicole Norfleet • 612-673-4495 Twitter: @stribnorfleet