Here is our go-to spring cleaning checklist that will help you start the season fresh. The best part? We go room-by-room so you don’t have to do it all at once. It’s time to take baby steps.
• Clean the oven.
• Dust top of cabinets.
• Wipe off light fixtures.
• Discard expired food items from the refrigerator and freezer; wipe down shelves.
• Organize your pantry; purge expired items.
• Clean the stovetop, including burners.
• Wipe out the inside of the microwave.
• Scrub and polish the floor.
• Disinfect the counters, the sink and any tiles.
• Wipe out the inside of the trash can.
• Clean the dishwasher (put a container filled with white vinegar on the top rack and run a cycle).
• Replace any water filters.
• Wipe down and polish your cabinets.
• Sharpen kitchen knives.
• Discard chipped plates, bowls and glasses.
• Scrub out your blender.
• Deep-clean all pots and pans.
The dining room
• Clean your light fixtures (including dusty cords).
• Dust the molding.
• Dust cabinets; polish.
• Wash any table cushions and seat cushions.
• Vacuum and clean the rug.
• Wash and polish the floor.
• Wipe down table and chairs.
• Clean your china cabinet and any drawers.
• Wash and polish silverware.
The living room
• Wash or dry-clean throw pillow covers and throw blankets.
• Dust the TV screen.
• Wipe down side tables, coffee table, footstools, etc.
• Vacuum any area rugs.
• Clean out crevices in your couch with a vacuum attachment.
• Spot-treat your chairs and couches.
• Check your electronics for frayed wires.
• Replace batteries in remote controls as needed.
• Clean any light bulbs.
• Sweep out your fireplace.
• Clean tissue canisters and other containers.
• Organize and clean vanity spaces.
• Clean toilet, including the top, side and base.
• Deep clean the shower and tub.
• Clean out any hampers and trash bins.
• Wash out toothbrush holder.
• Wipe towel hooks and racks, and toilet paper holder.
• Remove hair from drains.
• Wash shower curtain and rehang; change liner.
• Deep clean tile and remove mold; clean grout.
• Shine faucets; clean countertops; wipe mirror.
• Check linens; wash and replace as needed.
• Wipe down shower caddies.
• Sweep floor and mop.
• Wash bath mat or replace.
• Rotate your mattress.
• Wash your mattress cover.
• Vacuum your mattress.
• Clean out your laundry hampers; disinfect.
• Dry-clean throw pillow shams.
• Dust any ceiling fans, and wipe down air-conditioner units and heating vents.
• Remove frames from the walls, and dust everything; replace.
• Wipe out any storage bins in dressers, closets, etc.
• Clean under bed.
• Wipe down mirrors and windows.
• Change your sheets; discard old linens as needed.
• Check pillows for fluffiness; replace when necessary.
• Organize both dresser and closet; donate old items.
• Wash the floor or vacuum (don’t forget area rugs).
• Clean the bed frame, headboard included.
• Wash stuffed animals in children’s rooms.
• Consider drawer organizers.
The home office
• Discard any old or unnecessary papers..
• Wipe down the floor and any baseboards; polish floor.
• Clean your desk..
• Wipe down your chair.
Take everything off of the bookshelf and wipe it down.
Use electrostatic dust cloths to clean your tech items.
• Vacuum your desk chair.
• Sanitize your phone, headset, etc.
The laundry room
• Wipe down drying racks.
• Do a deep clean on both washer and dryer (a load with white vinegar in the washer works wonders).
• Empty the lint trap in the dryer.
• Use bleach to clean the sink.
• Organize shelves and closet space; wipe down.
• Take stock of products; discard expired and order any essentials you are low on.
• Deep clean the floor.
• Deep clean behind appliances.
• Clean out the inside of your iron and steamers; wipe down ironing board.
• Wipe down hampers, hangers, etc.
• Dust off tools like vacuums and dust busters.
• Clean the bottom of your broom; rinse out your dustpan.
• Do a linen closet overhaul.
• Dust the inside of your dryer hose with an extendible duster or a vacuum attachment.