It has not been a wonderful Wednesday on the roads with a spate of crashes and congestion clogging nearly every major route in town.
At this hour a car fire is in progress on southbound 494 at Carlson Pkwy. The drive from 694 to 394 is still taking 25 to 30 minutes.
Southbound Hwy. 169 is not moving any faster.
Westbound 94, hampered by a three earlier crashes, is not making any progress. It's still jammed from McKnight Road to downtown Minneapolis. Plan on doubling your normal commute time.
Westbound Hwy. 36 is jammed from 35E to 35W, and ahead things remain locked up on 35W down to Hennepin Avenue.
You'll encounter crowded conditions on many other routes too:
- Northbound Hwy. 61 from High Street to 94 in Newport and St. Paul
- Westbound 694 from 35E to 35W
- Highway 100 in both directions from 394 to Crosstown
- Northbound Hiawatha Avenue from Lake Street to 94
- Eastbound 94 from Lowry Avenue to Hwy. 280.
Travelers heading to the MSP Airport should be aware that parking ramps at the main terminal are at capacity. They should use the ramp at Terminal 2 and take the light-rail train to Terminal 1.