The number of crashes is starting to grow as gridlock loosens just a tad on metro area roads. The big problem area is on southbound I-35 in Forest Lake. The freeway is closed from Wyoming to Forest Lake as the State Patrol is clearning out numerous spinouts and crashes.
Northbound 494 also is closed at Bass Lake Road due to a crash blocking the lanes.
Elsewhere, here are places where crashes and spinouts are clogging traffic:
- Northbound 35E at Lone Oak Road
- Westbound 94 at 35W in Minneapolis and a stall at the Lowry Tunnel
- Southbound 35E at Constellation Drive
- Westbound Hwy. 36 at the southbound 35E exit
- Eastbound Crosstown ramp to northbound Hwy. 100 closed with stalled semi