Several readers have reported in that mainline roads are glare ice in spots. And based on the number of crashes this morning, that is likely the case.
At this hour, the crashes and spin outs keep coming fast and furious. Be especially wary of bridge decks and ramps.
Here is a sampler of where you'll find flashing lights, crunched metal and traffic hassles:
- Southbound Hwy. 252 and 66th Avenue N.
- Northbound 35W at County Road E2, which is creating a gawker slow down on the southbound side
- Eastbound 94 at Western Avenue and one at Dale Street
- Westbound 494 at Penn Avenue. Plan on gridlock from as far as Hwy. 61 in Newport
- Southbound ramp from Hwy. 280 to eastbound 94 closed
- Westbound 94 at Boone Avenue in Brooklyn Park
- Eastbound 94 at Hwy. 61 in St. Paul
- Southbound 169 at County Road 101 in Shakopee
- Southbound Hwy. 61 at Lower Afton Road
- Westbound 94 on the Hudson bridge over the St. Croix River
- Southbound Hwy. 280 at Energy Park Drive