The morning rush continues to be busy with sluggish traffic in spots. Among those routes with tight traffic and speeds running below the posted:
- Both directions of Crosstown from 35W to Hwy. 169: 18 to 21 minutes
- Both directions of 494 between Hwy. 169 and Cedar Avenue: 14 to 16 minutes
- Westbound 94 from White Bear Avenue to Snelling Avenue: 24 minutes
- Eastbound 394 from 494 to downtown Minneapolis: 17 minutes
- Westbound Hwy. 610 from Hwy. 10 to 252: 9 minutes.
In St. Paul, look for a crash on Grotto and Van Buren.
More from Star Tribune
More From The Drive
Crews will get back to work on reconstructing Washington Avenue Monday and that means a detour for downtown drivers.
Within the next few weeks, Hennepin County will begin rebuilding a long segment of 66th Street in Richfield, and it's likely to bring traffic hassles for at least two construction seasons.
Officials at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport are telling spring break travelers to arrive two hours early and for good reason. The airport is seeing near record passenger volume this month, with Friday St. Patrick's Day expected to be the busiest day of the season.
Among the options on the table include raising all fares 25 cents. Another option would raise fares for local rides by 25 cents and express fares by 50 cents.
Green Line riders can expect delays late Wednesday night and early Thursday morning as Metro Transit conducts maintenance on the line.