The morning rush continues to be busy with sluggish traffic in spots. Among those routes with tight traffic and speeds running below the posted:
- Both directions of Crosstown from 35W to Hwy. 169: 18 to 21 minutes
- Both directions of 494 between Hwy. 169 and Cedar Avenue: 14 to 16 minutes
- Westbound 94 from White Bear Avenue to Snelling Avenue: 24 minutes
- Eastbound 394 from 494 to downtown Minneapolis: 17 minutes
- Westbound Hwy. 610 from Hwy. 10 to 252: 9 minutes.
In St. Paul, look for a crash on Grotto and Van Buren.
More from The Drive
Public safety officials are pleading with motorcyclists and motorists alike to exercise caution and make safety a priority after the state recorded its 47th motorcyclist death of the year, one more than in all of 2014.
Riders have asked for Route 694S service from the southwest suburbs to Normandale Community College to be reinstated and SouthWest Transit says it's bringing the service back.
Early afternoon is when parking spaces start to turnover as folks who arrived early head out and crowds expected for the sold out Grandstand show featuring Def Leppard and STYX won't start showing up for a few hours. Expect things to remain busy, however.
With 1.8 million people expected to pass through the turnstiles over the next 12 days (Thursday through Labor Day), fair goers should do a little planning before leaving home, says spokeswoman Brianna Schutte. Here are a few tips for those arriving by car, bus, bicycle, motorcycle or on foot.
For drivers who park in downtown Minneapolis and need to feed the meter, there's now a smartphone app for that.