The morning rush continues to be busy with sluggish traffic in spots. Among those routes with tight traffic and speeds running below the posted:
- Both directions of Crosstown from 35W to Hwy. 169: 18 to 21 minutes
- Both directions of 494 between Hwy. 169 and Cedar Avenue: 14 to 16 minutes
- Westbound 94 from White Bear Avenue to Snelling Avenue: 24 minutes
- Eastbound 394 from 494 to downtown Minneapolis: 17 minutes
- Westbound Hwy. 610 from Hwy. 10 to 252: 9 minutes.
In St. Paul, look for a crash on Grotto and Van Buren.
Star Tribune Recommends
More From The Drive
If AAA's predictions are correct, the roads leading out of the metro might be more crowded than those in town as throngs head to the lakes, cabins and places to enjoy the season's first long holiday weekend. Major road construction project could also hamper in-town travel
Northbound Blue Line riders can expect trips to take a bit longer on several nights this spring and summer.
Ramsey County crews began removing striping along Maryland Avenue between Greenbrier Street and Johnson Parkway in St. Paul, marking the start of a test of a new configuration that will reduce the road from two lanes in each direction to one with a center turn lane.
A two-week seat belt enforcement campaign begins on Monday.
On average, more than 11,000 commuters ride their bikes to work each day, city officials say, and they are hoping for more during Friday's annual Bike to Work Day.