Splish and splash your way to the Aquatennial
The Minneapolis Aquatennial rolls out its 75th version of “The Best Days of Summer” starting Friday with tennis and bowling competitions and acrobatic water skiers.
The festivities wrap up on July 26 with fireworks downtown over the Mississippi River.
Among the highlights:
• Log rolling Saturday and Sunday at Lake Calhoun.
• Sand castle competition Sunday at Lake Calhoun.
• Milk-carton boat races Sunday at Lake Calhoun.
• Torchlight parade on Wednesday along Hennepin Avenue downtown.
• Queen of the Lakes coronation on July 25 at Ted Mann Concert Hall at the University of Minnesota.
For more information, visit www.aquatennial.com.