Here is a list of the latest crashes and spin outs adding to the misery on the roads:
- Spin out westbound Hwy. 610 at Noble Pkwy. in Brooklyn Park
- Eastbound 494 at the I-35E interchange in Eagan
- Eastbound 35W at the I-35W interchange in Bloomington
- Two spin outs on westbound Hwy. 610 at University Avenue and Coon Rapids Blvd.
- Crash on southbound Hwy. 100 at 57th Avenue in Brooklyn Center.
- Southbound 494 at Carlson Pkwy. in Minnetonka
More from Star Tribune
More From The Drive
Road and lane closures with their associated detours are not fun for anybody, and this weekend will be a dozy for drivers in the west metro.
Motorists won't be able to use the new road for about another month.
At an open house Tuesday, stakeholders can weigh in on a plan to move part of the area's second rapid bus line from Olson Highway to Glenwood Avenue when light rail line opens in 2021.
With an average of one person dying each day on Minnesota roads, the state is on pace to eclipse the 411 deaths reported last year.
Temporary "No Parking" signs have started to appear on city streets in Minneapolis and St. Paul as both municipalities this week send out sweepers to pick up gravel, leaves and debris as well as sand and dirt.