Here is a list of the latest crashes and spin outs adding to the misery on the roads:
- Spin out westbound Hwy. 610 at Noble Pkwy. in Brooklyn Park
- Eastbound 494 at the I-35E interchange in Eagan
- Eastbound 35W at the I-35W interchange in Bloomington
- Two spin outs on westbound Hwy. 610 at University Avenue and Coon Rapids Blvd.
- Crash on southbound Hwy. 100 at 57th Avenue in Brooklyn Center.
- Southbound 494 at Carlson Pkwy. in Minnetonka
More from Star Tribune
More From The Drive
Drivers who use the Nine Mile Creek Bridge on Hwy. 169 between Bren Road and 5th Street/Lincoln Drive on the Minnetonka-Edina border will have more time to find alternate routes.
Too cold. That's the reason the Minnesota Department of Transportation has called off a bridge demolition project that would have shut down a portion of I-94 through Maple Grove.
It's still two years out on the construction schedule, but the City of Minneapolis has preliminary plans for a big re-do of 8th Street in the downtown. On Thursday,officials will share them with the public during two open houses at the IDS Crystal Court.
Motorists who plan on using Interstate 94 in Maple Grove over the long holiday weekend will encounter a detour as the Minnesota Department of Transportation takes down 101st Avenue bridge.
Gov. Mark Dayton has signed a proclamation designating Monday as "Law Enforcement Appreciation Day." To mark the occasion, the I-35W bridge over the Mississippi River in the downtown Minneapolis will be lit in blue Monday night.