As traffic levels pick up, so is the number of stalls and crashes. Here is the latest list of problems:
- Eastbound Crosstown at Tracy Avenue: Left lane blocked
- Westbound 94 ramp to southbound Hwy. 169 closed
- Westbound 494 to northbound 35W: Stall blocking lane. Ramp extremely icy
- Northbound 35W ramp to westbound Hwy 10. Two vehicle crash partially blocking
- Westbound 94, two lanes blocked with trucks that can't get up incline near Cedar Avenue
- Eastbound 94 at Glenwood Avenue. Semi stuck on icy roads
- Northbound Hwy. 100 at Excelsior Blvd. Vehicle spun out
More from Star Tribune
More from The Drive
Members of the Highway 12 Safety Coalition has organized a press conference at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Maple Plain Family Center in Maple Plain to renew their push for funding. Representative Jerry Hertaus (R) called the press conference.
From Monday through June 5, more than 300 law enforcement agencies from across the state will be looking for motorists who are not wearing their seat belts as part of Click It or Ticket campaign. The goal of the campaign is to increase seat belt usage and prevent serious injuries and deaths.
Multi-platinum, Grammy Award-winning recording artist Beyonce will draw a crowd of more than 40,000 to the University of Minnesota Monday, and that will put extra pressure on the traffic grid just as the afternoon commute gets underway.
This will a be Chamber of Commerce like weekend from a weather standpoint, but the forecast isn't so sunny for motorists. The biggest inconvenience will be a shut down of Hwy. 100 through Golden Valley, St. Louis Park and Edina.
Commuters on westbound I-94 have lost a critical entry point into downtown Minneapolis Wednesday when the ramp to 5th Street closed. It will remain closed until June 1, the Minnesota Department of Transportation said.