Commuters can expect major delays on several routes due to a rash of crashes throughout the metro.
- Southbound 35E at Hwy. 36 where a tanker is taking out the left and center lane
- Eastbound Hwy. 10 at Hwy. 65. Things are tight in both directions from 610 to 35W
- Westbound 494 at Hardman Avenue. Traffic delays begin at Bailey Road
- Eastbound 494 at Xerxes Avenue. Traffic at a standstill from Flying Cloud Drive.
- Westbound 694 at Hwy. 61
- Eastbound 394 at General Mills Blvd. That one is in the car pool lane.
- Southbound Hwy. 100 at 50th Street. That is on the right shoulder.
Star Tribune Recommends
More From The Drive
Motorists can expect major traffic tie-ups across the metro as the Minnesota Department of Transportation starts reconfiguring Interstate 94 in downtown Minneapolis just as tens of thousands of people will stream into the city for large events that include the Twin Cities Pride Festival in Loring Park and the Back to the 50s street rod extravaganza at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds.
Rain has pushed back the start of today's Twins-White Sox game at Target Field but that won't stop Metro Transit from shutting down light-rail service at 6:45 p.m. Thursday as scheduled.
Commuters traveling along the I-94 corridor between Minneapolis and St. Paul Monday morning saw a heavy police presence, particularly in the Midway area.
The biggest traffic jams this weekend are likely to be on I-35 north of the Twin Cities as thousands make the trip to and from Duluth for Saturday's Grandma's Marathon.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation is taking a step to draw travelers' attention to the growing problem of human trafficking and get them to report suspicious activity.