Commuters can expect major delays on several routes due to a rash of crashes throughout the metro.
- Southbound 35E at Hwy. 36 where a tanker is taking out the left and center lane
- Eastbound Hwy. 10 at Hwy. 65. Things are tight in both directions from 610 to 35W
- Westbound 494 at Hardman Avenue. Traffic delays begin at Bailey Road
- Eastbound 494 at Xerxes Avenue. Traffic at a standstill from Flying Cloud Drive.
- Westbound 694 at Hwy. 61
- Eastbound 394 at General Mills Blvd. That one is in the car pool lane.
- Southbound Hwy. 100 at 50th Street. That is on the right shoulder.
More from Star Tribune
More From The Drive
The Minnesota Department of Transportation will put a new deck on the Smith Avenue High Bridge later this year, and in the process will upgrade it curb appeal.
Drivers who use the Nine Mile Creek Bridge on Hwy. 169 between Bren Road and 5th Street/Lincoln Drive on the Minnetonka-Edina border will have more time to find alternate routes.
Too cold. That's the reason the Minnesota Department of Transportation has called off a bridge demolition project that would have shut down a portion of I-94 through Maple Grove.
It's still two years out on the construction schedule, but the City of Minneapolis has preliminary plans for a big re-do of 8th Street in the downtown. On Thursday,officials will share them with the public during two open houses at the IDS Crystal Court.
Motorists who plan on using Interstate 94 in Maple Grove over the long holiday weekend will encounter a detour as the Minnesota Department of Transportation takes down 101st Avenue bridge.