Commuters can expect major delays on several routes due to a rash of crashes throughout the metro.
- Southbound 35E at Hwy. 36 where a tanker is taking out the left and center lane
- Eastbound Hwy. 10 at Hwy. 65. Things are tight in both directions from 610 to 35W
- Westbound 494 at Hardman Avenue. Traffic delays begin at Bailey Road
- Eastbound 494 at Xerxes Avenue. Traffic at a standstill from Flying Cloud Drive.
- Westbound 694 at Hwy. 61
- Eastbound 394 at General Mills Blvd. That one is in the car pool lane.
- Southbound Hwy. 100 at 50th Street. That is on the right shoulder.
More from Star Tribune
More from The Drive
Over the past five year, paramedics and police have responded to more than a dozen fatal crashes that left 16 people dead on Hwy. 12 in the west metro. They're hoping they won't be called to another one for the next 12 months.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation got an unanticipated but welcome marketing push from Mother Nature Monday when she dumped enough snow on the highways to snarl traffic all across the metro.
Minnesota drivers are far from perfect, but they are considered the best in the nation for the second straight year according to a study out Friday from Carinsurancecomparison.com.
The hustle and bustle of the holiday season swings into full gear starting Wednesday afternoon as scores will hit the roads for the Thanksgiving weekend. AAA says more than 42 million motorists will take to the highways and byways over the five-day weekend.
The words brought the room to a hush: "I am responsible for Courtney not having a mom," Craig Barnd said as the cameras rolled.