Commuters can expect major delays on several routes due to a rash of crashes throughout the metro.
- Southbound 35E at Hwy. 36 where a tanker is taking out the left and center lane
- Eastbound Hwy. 10 at Hwy. 65. Things are tight in both directions from 610 to 35W
- Westbound 494 at Hardman Avenue. Traffic delays begin at Bailey Road
- Eastbound 494 at Xerxes Avenue. Traffic at a standstill from Flying Cloud Drive.
- Westbound 694 at Hwy. 61
- Eastbound 394 at General Mills Blvd. That one is in the car pool lane.
- Southbound Hwy. 100 at 50th Street. That is on the right shoulder.
More from Star Tribune
More From The Drive
As the number of people riding the metro area's two light-rail lines soars, so is the number of passengers who take rides without paying.
Road and lane closures with their associated detours are not fun for anybody, and this weekend will be a dozy for drivers in the west metro.
Motorists won't be able to use the new road for about another month.
At an open house Tuesday, stakeholders can weigh in on a plan to move part of the area's second rapid bus line from Olson Highway to Glenwood Avenue when light rail line opens in 2021.
With an average of one person dying each day on Minnesota roads, the state is on pace to eclipse the 411 deaths reported last year.